Wednesday, May 28, 2014

conversation between the babies...

(If you're a friend on my personal FB page, you might have already seen this...)

Conversation today between Rhys (3 yrs) and Ella (2 yrs):

(I realize this might be funny only to me...)



They had just gotten out of the bath and were standing by each other in their towels. They both looked adorably cute.

Rhys was all lovely and smiley. She looked at Ella with such fondness and said, "I love you because you are my little tiny sister. You are so cute. You are..." and she continued on with all the reasons she loved Ella so much.

I watched them, thinking how precious the relationship between siblings can be.

Ella watched her for a moment, looking completely unimpressed. She didn't smile back, didn't look loving at her. She was very matter-of-fact and serious. To a lay person, which apparently I am, it sounded like Ella said to Rhys (who was still going on about how much she loved Ella), "You were rude to my chicken."

Rhys hadn't heard her, but I had. Holding back a laugh, I thought to myself, rude to your chicken? You have a chicken? Where are you keeping it? More importantly, how is someone rude to one?

Ella said it again, and it really sounded like that's what she said. Then she added, "Mommy, Rhysie killed my <insert word I couldn't figure out>."

Lucky for me, Ella said it several more times. All I got was, "Mommy, Rhysie killed my knees."

I said, "Rhysie killed your knees?"

Ella said, "Yes."

Rhys had still been going on about all the things she loved about Ella. "You're so cute and have such little feet---"

*record scratch*

She apparently finally heard what Ella was saying.

The smile went away. The sweetness was gone. She glared at Ella for accusing her of such horrid things and replied, "No I didn't. I hate your life now." And walked off.

<insert hysterical spit-all-over-the-children laughter from me>

Um...what in the world just happened? None of this even makes sense.

I'm pretty sure that's not what Ella really said, but it really sounded like it. It makes me feel like I'm living in the middle of a real life "bad lip reading" clip when I listen to those two talk to each other. (If you haven't seen one, they are pretty funny. http://youtu.be/5Krz-dyD-UQ)

And, that's a little insider's view of the life of a ninja mom.

And, it's also why, if you are a working spouse, and if you have a stay-at-home spouse, they might really, really, really want to talk to you a lot when you get home.

(I don't usually burst out laughing when one of them talks about hating someone...just fyi...it just was so unexpected considering what she had been saying before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment