a couple more things


In an unusual series of events, I met a wonderful lady, who not only does so much to help families and children, but she also reaches out to whoever she feels has a need.  If you haven't already seen this, she posted this about Emma on her blog:

http://kidlutions.blogspot.com/2013/03/emmas-fight-how-you-can-help.html


----



And to the conversation that made me cry the most afterwards...


Last night Emma was talking to me about her transplant. She was telling me how badly she wants one and how she can't wait. She wants to be able to live a normal life again & she started listing off all of the things she wants to be able to do. She was giddy with excitement. It was really sweet.


But she knows the reality of a transplant, knows that it's a very difficult process, and knows that she can die from it. She stopped talking for a second and then said, "I might die from it." I told her that was true. She said, "I really don't want to die from it, but if I do, I know I'll get to see Jesus and be with Dianna." (Dianna is a little girl with FA that she met during her transplant, who ended up dying.) I told her that was true and then I listed off some more people she'll be able to see, like my grandpa and my sister. She thought that sounded very exciting.

She said, "You'll miss me a lot if I die, won't you. I bet you'll all cry a lot." Then she smiled. I told her I would miss her more than anything, and I told her that we would all cry for years over her. She said she would miss us too.

Then she went back to how excited she is to have her transplant. She said that she's going to believe that she won't die...it doesn't feel like to her that she will. I told her that I believe that too.

I just think of when I was ten years old and the things that I had to worry about...and here she is facing the reality of death, and her faith amazes me. I think we have the bravest little girl ever...and we are so blessed to be her parents.


----


(okay, now I'm almost caught up on our blog!)


Oh, I did find out we won't find out about the bone marrow match until next week likely.

Comments

Popular Posts