the apple

Ella was playing on the floor when Rhys walked by and dropped her apple. Ella used her ninja moves and grabbed the apple almost faster than her little hands could handle.  You could tell her desire for the apple was stronger than her ability to get the apple to her mouth (and she's pretty coordinated these days).  She was a little obsessed with "eating" the apple as fast as she could.  She never did manage any actual bites (having no teeth can cause that problem!), but I'm sure licking it and sucking on it was fun & tasty.  This is her very first time to have an apple.









She was sooo adorably cute!!


PHOTOGRAPHY TIP:  Do you like how I'm starting to add these photography tips as though I have a clue what I'm talking about?  But some of you have emailed saying they are helpful, so I thought I'd keep sharing as I learn.  The thing I learned today was just how much easier editing and resizing photos for web (or anything) is in Lightroom.  I've been using it for several months, but I haven't had time to actually really learn what it can do.  I've only been using it for editing.  And, today I learned I have been COMPLETELY WASTING MY TIME!!  This program is super awesome and will resize photos for web, and even place a logo/watermarks, in a matter of a few seconds.  And, it does it to a whole batch of photos..in literally just a few seconds.  And, it only took me about 60 seconds to learn that it can do that.  I had been spending MUCH longer than that.  Guess I should have read up on it a little bit.

If you don't have Lightroom, but you love photography and take millions of photos that you love to share with people, you'll very likely find Lightroom to be beneficial to you.  It's a huge time saver, plus the best editor.  You don't need a fancy camera to use this program.  You just need photos.  If you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, this program is way better than that when it comes to photo editing.  I didn't believe it at first, but now I'm a believer.  I only use Photoshop for designing or if I want to add some special effect to a photo (like a shark eating someone or something).  :-) 

Also, you can get a discount if you are a student...even if you are a homeschooling family.  Just google "Lightroom Student Discount" and you'll find the info you need.  They make it super easy.

You can figure a lot of it out on your own most likely, but getting a book for about $30 can help teach it to you a lot faster, as well as more in depth.  Here's the book I'll probably be getting once I upgrade to Lightroom 4 - it came highly recommended:
http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Lightroom-Digital-Photographers-Voices/dp/0321819586/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339213496&sr=8-1

Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular Posts