eleven years together

We've been married for eleven years!!  How did that happen?  It went by surprisingly fast.  

(Photos are courtesy of the 10 year old)

Several weeks ago, Tyler and I were on a movie kick.  We decided to watch all of the Twilight movies.  I know a lot of you love them and a lot of you hate them.  In order to remain friends with all of you, we will withhold our opinions on the movie and just focus on the fun that we had during watching them, which was mostly Tyler's narration that went along with the movies.

Here are a few of my favorite examples:

In the Twilight movie, Bella and Edward were having their first innocent snuggle.  In case you haven't seen it, she fell asleep next to him, and he sat awake, watching her like a stalker, since he can't sleep because he's a vampire (in case the italics confused you, you were supposed to say vampire really dramatically).

Like most people probably do about their own relationships, Tyler and I automatically thought of when we were first in a similar situation, when we first snoozed by each other.

I heard Tyler mutter, "I remember when we first fell asleep by each other."

At this point, you're supposed to think something like, "Awww, how sweet.  He's reminiscing."

Then he quietly continued, "And I drooled all over your arm."

*record scratch*

It's true.  We fell asleep, innocently cuddling.  He woke up first and was somewhat horrified when he realized he'd drooled all over my arm.  I guess he didn't think it would make a good first-snuggle-impression.  He hurried and cleaned it off while I was sleeping soundly.

Back to current times, the movie continued.  We were still watching the same scene.  Edward is continuing to stalk Bella while she's sleeping.

Tyler was clearly now thinking of when he first watch me sleep...you know, since he was no longer asleep in the memory...since he had drooled all over my arm and all.  As he was reminiscing about watching me while I slept, he said, "Then you started having what seemed like a seizure..."

*louder record scratch*

Could we be more romantic?

Yes, that is true too.  Tyler was busy feeling relieved that he had cleaned up the drool before I woke up and then was watching me sleep.  I'm guessing he was feeling some feelings of fondness and attraction as he watched me, like normal people do with their significant other, when I started convulsing, which most normal people don't do.

I woke up to Tyler saying, "Are you okay?!  Terri, are you alright?!"  It was obvious he was almost panicking.  I was like, "Oh, yeah, I'm totally fine. Sorry, I was dreaming that I was a super hero trapped in a big block of ice in someone's garage.  I was using my breath to melt the ice.  I was doing it really fast, in and out, and it was working really good."  As I demonstrated what I was doing in my dream, I realized how that might have come across as a seizure...

I'll leave the story of the first time we kissed for another anniversary.  Let's just say it involved a really, really, REALLY nervous man, dry lips, and possibly the worst kiss ever on a technical kissing scale (such as one they might use for the Olympics).  Even though it was a very funny kiss, it made for a really great memory, and one we had fun reenacting for a while afterwards.

Anyway, it was tons of fun watching those movies with Tyler.  I kind of think our love story would have been more entertaining to watch.  He had me laughing hysterically many a times. I'm grateful for all the memories we have, and that even after eleven years, I still feel just as in love (maybe even more) than I did before.  Not that everything has been smooth sailing.  We've had our differences and difficult times, but he's always felt like my other half...an extension of me and our focus has always been each other.  He's a wonderful father and husband, and I love that he loves me for exactly who I am right now, dream convulsions and all.  He's easy to love back, especially since he hasn't drooled on me again.

And here are some more photos from our photography session with our very short 10 year old.

Try to not be overcome by the passion!

Perhaps we should have gotten a chair for the photographer:

Maybe one day we'll get real pictures taken by someone as tall as we are.  Until then, these are our Eleven Year Anniversary photos.  :)  I think Emma did pretty good.  Even if we do look insane in most of them.

Comments

  1. Aww! Happy Anniversary!! And you 2 are so cute! You're right, Emma did a great job ;)
    ~Krista

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts